72's Class News
- 11/20/2011 We're sad to report the passing of our classmate, Jeri Olmstead Everett. Below is a message from her good friend:
To class of Torrance High 1972:
I have sad news to report. My good friend, Jeri (Olmsted) Everett passed away Nov. 16th, am She was diagnosed with lymphoma 11 years ago, but recently battled lung cancer which spread to her brain and hip.
We have been friends since about 6th grade (Wood Elementary) and thru High School and have kept in touch for 40 plus years. She had a memorial dinner (per her request, no funeral) on Nov. 19th at a favorite
restaurant close to where she lived in Long Beach. She has 3 great kids Brett, Matt and Marie.
Anita (Fulford) Winsell
- 11/15/11 Below is a message from Scott Schneider:
It is hard to believe that we are approaching 40 years as graduates of “Torrance High School” I hope you all are doing well. Once again the committee is working hard to bring you the best reunion possible.
One of the projects that I will be working on is another visual presentation similar to the one presented at the 35 year reunion. I would like to include as many pictures as possible in this presentation, past and present. This should include current pictures of you, your spouses (current, and past if you want.) your children, grandchildren and any picture that you want to share with the class. Try to include yourself in the photos so that we can identify who the people in the photos belong to. You can email the pictures to me at email@example.com and please include “Class Pictures” in the subject line to make it easier for me to sort out the emails.
I look forward to seeing each and every one of you at The Class of 1972, 40th Year Reunion.
Geez, were getting old. LOL
Scott H. Schneider
- 7/20/11 Unfortunately we've lost another classmate. Marleen Musulin succumbed to a long battle with Lupus.
- 4/15/11 The bad news just seems to keep coming. Jerry and Robin Meyer have lost their son, Joshua. For details and to send your condolenses, please go to http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dailybreeze/obituary.aspx?n=joshua-james-meyer&pid=150313910
- 3/25/11 Unfortunately we've just found out the sad news that our friend in the administartion office, and our classmates Richelle's mother, Rose Farnsworth, passed away last week. As you'll remember, we had Rose to our 30 Year Reunion to honor her for being our friend, whether we were in trouble, needed help, or just needed a friend to talk to. Below is the communication we received:
Retired Torrance High School secretary, Rose Farnsworth, passed away yesterday, March 24, 2011.
Rose had a long and varied career with Torrance Unified School District, working in many different jobs and in some schools that no longer exist. She began as a Clerk II on April 1, 1957 at Seaside, and moved to Hamilton before finally settling at Columbia where she moved up to Elementary School Principal Secretary. In February 1963, Rose resigned only to return to work almost immediately as a Clerk III first at WHS, and then moving into her final “home” at Torrance High School. Rose served as Stenographer at THS until her retirement at the end of December 1984.
She is survived by her daughters Richelle, Rose and Regina.
A service will be held for Rose at Gamby’s Funeral Home in Lomita on March 31, 2011 at 10:30 a.m.
Condolences may be sent to her family c/o Richelle Lordanich, 16291 Seranade Lane, Huntington Beach, CA 92647.
Our thoughts are with the Farnsworth family during this time of loss.
- We're pleased to announce that Jana Leonard-Hertel has set up our own page on Facebook. This should be a great way for us all to get to say hi to one another, check out each others photos, and get excited for our upcoming reunion together. In addition, John has started the process of transferring photos from past reunions from this site to the FB page. Once on Facebook, search for Torrance High Class of '72 Reunion and join in on the discussions and fun!
- We recently learned the sad news that our classmate, Robert Toman, had passed away in July, 2009. His daughter, Michelle, notified us via email recently.
- Monte Robold has stepped up to be the 40 Year Reunion Chairman. He will be helped by all the former committee members- John Dickson, Scott Schneider, Theresa Fagan-Hollis, and Jana Leonard-Hertel. Please check back often for news as the reunion is organized.
- Important! Please add he following email to your Safe List - 1972Tartars@gmail.com. All future emails regarding our class and upcoming reunion will be coming from this address.
- 2/8/11 Sad to report the passing of Bob Petrat today after complications from a recent stroke. A memorial for Bob will be held at the Petrat home in Torrance on Saturday, Feb 26th from 1 to 4PM. For more info call Toni Rios-Scott at 310/767-6522. Please keep the Petrat family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time for them.
- Past News
For all the news regarding our class you may have missed, click HERE
Email John Dickson at 1972Tartars@gmail.com